I have been a Tropic fan for quite some time and I thought I would share with you 5 reasons why I love Tropic!
- The packaging is beautiful, recyclable or biodegradable – yes, every. single. bit. The outer cardboard box is fully recyclable, any bubble wrap and air pillows are biodegradable and they even substitute traditional plastic tape with gummed paper made from vegetable glue (clever eh!) which is also fully recyclable. We also love they aren’t just about throwing your order in a box and leaving you to it, they also care about your wellness, with this order they have included this cute little card encouraging you to manifest some feel good things!
All your Tropic paper wraps are now printed on Carbon Captured paper and are part of the Woodland Trust’s Woodland Carbon scheme.
This means products many of our best sellers are helping to plant trees in the whole of the UK while protecting and restoring ancient woodland with the Woodland Trust.
We’ll be rolling out this logo on your Tropic wraps later in the year.
With thousands of deliveries leaving Tropic HQ on a weekly basis, it’s imperative that our packaging aligns with our eco-conscious ethos. As such, all elements of Tropic parcels are completely compostable or recyclable.
We’ve substituted traditional plastic tape with gummed paper that contains vegetable glue. It’s not only 100% recyclable and compostable, but also more effectively safeguards products as the packaging is more secure and tamper-proof. We’re phasing out bubblewrap wherever possible and instead using paper fill, and 100% compostable air bags made from potato and corn starch.
LANDFILL AND WASTE POLICY
We are completely landfill-free. We are now independently verified by Valpak, a leading provider of environmental compliance for further transparency. In 2020, we recycled 122 tonnes which equated to 65% of all our waste. Anything we can’t recycle is repurposed into an alternative fuel (that replaces fossil fuels) to power homes and businesses. All the energy used to recycle and turn our waste into alternative fuel is, like all aspects of our operations, double carbon offset.
2. All products are Cruelty free, Vegan and Leaping Bunny approved – this is a big thumbs up from us!
BEAUTY WITH A CONSCIENCE
In an industry that often overlooks animal welfare and the environment, we promise to never test on animals, nor use derivatives that cause them distress. That’s why we stand with Cruelty Free International, The Vegan Society and PETA as a 100% cruelty-free brand, now and always.
3. You are supporting Ambassadors who run their own businesses. Supporting small businesses has always been important to me being a small business owner myself! You can find out more here
4. Your purchases help fund education for children in Cambodia, Nepal and Myanmar – Who wouldn’t want to be able to do this AND bag yourself some beautiful products at the same time? You can even track it on your account to see what difference your purchases have made. You can find out more here
5. The products really are great! This is my first time ordering the powder so I will hold on for my opinion on that but this Tropic Feel Fresh deodorant is one of the few non aerosol ones I can use that stops me sweating, I have terrible hormone issues and generally have to default to mens spray on because nothing else works, but this non sticky glide on cream is magical. When you unscrew the cap there is a dispenser so you can just glide it straight on like a roll on without the roller ball and it stays strong all day for me. The Tropic Polishing Foot Pebble is a savior now summer is coming, I do combine it with the foot soak and cream but my kids just love to leave my pebble in a puddle in its dish when they have a bath so I’ve needed to replace it quicker than the other 2 parts this time (kids eh!)
I hope this has inspired you to try something new – let me know if you do, I’d love to hear what your favourite products are!