Most people want to have teeth that are straight and healthy but others are perfectly happy to have a wonky one from time to time. Sometimes, crooked teeth are a feature that is perfect in itself but that doesn’t mean that everyone is perfectly happy with the way that they look. So, you might consider getting them fixed, especially if you’re sick of how they look.
Whether you do it with dental implants or you do it with orthodontics, fixing your teeth and straightening them out can still happen. If you’re sick of the way they look, here’s why you should go right ahead and get them fixed – for you.
- It’s good for your health. Your overall health is going to be dependent on healthy gums and healthy teeth. If they’re crooked, food and bacteria can get into all the nooks and gaps and all those crannies, and you can avoid this simply by making sure that you get your teeth straightened when you can. You don’t want anything that could lead to decay happening in your mouth and you are much less likely to suffer from bad breath if you’re fixing your teeth.
- Pain in the jaw. A misaligned set of teeth doesn’t sit together particularly well, which means that you can end up with pain in your jaw as your teeth attempt to fit together in an awkward way. Crooked teeth often come with an under or overbite, and that isn’t comfortable. There is a condition known as temporomandibular joint dysfunction and it can be very painful, so getting your teeth straightened could remove that.
- You could adjust any speech issues. If you are struggling with speech issues, fixing your teeth could change that. Misaligned teeth can affect the way you speak and articulate your sound, and that can lead to ongoing problems with your speech. If you want to change that, you can speak to your dentist or an orthodontist about straightening them out.
- You’ll save yourself some money! The more you have to keep going back to the dentist or orthodontist, the more your teeth are going to cost you. Crooked teeth can cause damage and aging to your teeth unnecessarily as they can really cause wear and tear in the gums. No one wants to deal with chipped or flattened/worn down teeth, and if you want to save some cash then fixing the problem will save you a lot!
- You gain some extra confidence. If you’ve been hating the way your teeth look, then you’ll love the confidence you gain once they have been straightened. You can lean into the fact that your teeth won’t be leaning anymore – literally!
Crooked teeth are only a problem if you think it is. You should go with your gut when it comes to your teeth and if you want to make those changes, do it with confidence and security that you are going to get the results that you want.